We are committed to ensuring that children and young people are offered life-enhancing encounters with Jesus Christ, and can participate as equal partners in the life of the Church.
We have collated together a range of resources, links to agencies, and activities, aimed at helping you nurture the faith and spirituality of the younger generations and their families, in your congregations.
The Children and Young People Team has a number of pieces of equipment that can be borrowed to facilitate engagement with young people. Items include:
- a giant Connect Four game,
- a Giant Jenga (tumble tower),
- circus toys,
- badge machine
- bubble machine and
- even a tepee tent!
The Team also has a number of books on Children and Youth Ministry, art and craft, festivals, clubs and projects, prayer and liturgy, drama and some DVD's to name but a few.
There is a minimal charge to borrow these. We also have three resource centres situated in Erith and Tonbridge, who hold most of the equipment available to hire.
For more details, to check availability, and to receive a hire form, please contact Sarah Cabella.
BREATHE is an interactive installation with twelve different zones on a large multi-colour floor mat, giving those in yr 6 and over activities to explore about themselves, other people, the world and faith in God. Over the course of an hour they can move around the mat to explore the different zones at their own pace. Each zone is accompanied by an audio track giving instruction for the activity, which they play on an iPod they are given at the start of the session. This is also suitable for adults to use.
Prayer Spaces – are made up of 12 ready -prepared stations with instructions which you can set up and people move around at their own speed.
Prayer Labyrinth ours is a 5 Circuit Classical Labyrinth 3.9m / 13’.(28cm path, 56cm centre)
Mini Labyrinth – an individual A4 fabric prayer resource
Prayer Tent is a large gazebo with windowed sides, lights, floor mat as pictured here. There is a bubble tube and electric candles which you can use with it.
Prayer Spaces – we have put together some ideas you can use both within churches and schools.
These are available for parishes and schools to borrow. Please contact Sarah Cabella email@example.com.
Godly Play is a way of helping children experience God at their own level. It can be used to tell a story in a church or a classroom.
If you already use Godly Play in your ministry with children and would be interested in participating in a Godly Play network for practitioners in Kent, please contact the Children and Young People team.
If you haven’t used it yet; do ask and we can help you get started.
We have the books and several Godly Play boxes that can be burrowed. Please contact Sarah Cabella for more details.
We have created a number of 'How to guides' to help support your work with the younger people in your congregations:
1. Seasonal Resources Coming soon
2. Recruitment Guide - A Resource for churches as they consider employing a children, young people and families Minister
3. Why and How of setting up a Toddler Group.
4. How to welcome under 5’s in your church
5. Children’s Faith Resources
6. How to Connect with your local school
7. How to Support Children and Young People with Additional Needs
8. Baptism Resources for Preparation and Beyond
9. Preparation and teaching on Communion for Children
10. Preparing Young People for Confirmation
11. Children’s, Youth and Family Bibles
12. Charities to contact for possible funding opportunities
13. Youth and Children’s Ministry Training Courses (external) Coming soon
Please contact the Children and Young People team for more information.