As part of our administrative role within the Church of England, the Diocese of Rochester is committed to providing effective management of personal data and the safeguarding of material which is entirely consistent with the nurturing of a climate of openness and transparency.
Our intention is that we will seek to manage information professionally and intentionally.
Here are some key points.
- We will ensure that any personal data you share with us is kept up to date, is stored securely and if necessary, destroyed securely.
- If you are a ‘role holder’ we process data about you for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations.
- You will receive communications from us either because you have consented to do so, or because as a ‘role holder’ we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of news, resources, events and activities that take place within the diocese, or further afield, that you may be interested in and that will help you fulfil your role.
- We will respect your rights as a ‘data subject’ under the new GDPR regulations.
- If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by our privacy notice, we will inform you before beginning this new process and explain why.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your data, please contact our data controller on: email@example.com
Access to user data
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the 'Data Controller' for the processing of any data collected by this site is the Diocese of Rochester and the point of contact for subject access requests is firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy may change from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.